Saturday, August 9, 2008

Day One. Pancakes and Penne Vodka

I watched the Olympics today.

I went to the Pancake House. Again. The third time this week. But no pancakes eaten this time around. Only yogurt, so the proprietresses were confused.

Joe went spearfishing while I hung w/ Nikki and Gabe. After awhile I got resentful, as usual, and tried to fight the resentfulness, as usual. It sorta worked. We went to eat at Mintama's and that always makes a girl feel good, even though it was hot and sticky.

My pasta was perfect al dente and the sauce a perfect balance -- chunky/saucey/creamy/tomato-ey.

Gabe got sorta fussy, but I still had chocolate cake to eat. I'm liking that chocolate cake they have there more and more. It tastes like chocolate. Not butter or sugar. That's good too, of course, but its dense bitter chocolate, with Japan's real whipped cream.

Why don't they do real whipped cream in the States? It adds so much and its not hard. Whipped cream is the way to go.

To make whipped cream do the following:

Buy heavy whipping cream. Put it in a bowl. Whisk the hell out of it till it's not liquid anymore and looks like whipped cream...Yummmmm....

Well, the internet recipes say add confectioners sugar and vanilla. I only add a bit of sugar, but that stuff sounds nice too. Here are some other variations:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Extraordinary_Homemade_Whipped_Cream_Recipe

No comments: